You’ll have to forgive me for posting this days after my actual birthday but I have had a whole lot going on in the last few weeks. Remember when I said I could feel that something good was about to happen? Well, good things are definitely happening! In the midst of preparing for my annual beachy birthday trip and working on some exciting updates to Dashing Dionne, I’m transitioning into a new job at a different company. I’m so excited about doing something new and grateful for the opportunity to continue to grow professionally. This also means I will have some more time to devote to this blog that I love so much. Anyway, I had a fabulous birthday spent with close friends and family. The official turn up will be next week when I get to Mexico. Woop woop!!! Catch me on Ig and Snapchat for the play by play! In honor of me turning #thebigthreeoh I thought it would be fun to share a few…or 30…things you may or may not know about me. Enjoy!
1. I wake up at 5:30 every morning but I’m grumpy until 10…eh, 11am.
2. On that note, I do not use an alarm to wake up…just God and my internal clock.
3. I once was chased by a cow. It’s ridiculous but true.
4. I’ve been fired from a job on my first day. Yup, right after my lunch break.
5. My favorite movie of all time is…drumroll…Dirty Dancing. I’m such a sucker for sappy flicks.
6. I love music but I am particularly obsessed with R&B…I still listen to Diary of a Mad Band (google it!) like it just got released.
7. If you want to see something really disgusting come out of me, serve me vodka…think explosions of the projectile proportion.
8. I love mustard, but it has to be plain yellow.
9. While we’re talking condiments, Heinz ketchup is life. Shoutout to my peeps in Pittsburgh!
10. If you look close enough my left eye is smaller than my right eye.
11. If butter touches me, I die.
12. Ever see me on a New York City train standing up closing my eyes tight? I get extremely claustrophobic. I’m just trying not to have a panic attack.
13. If left on a deserted island with the option to only eat one thing I’d pick Haribo gummy bears. I know I’m the worst!
14. When someone disrespects my personal space on the train I blast the most ratchet song I could find to annoy them. #pettylabelle
15. Three things I’m oddly obsessed with: Owls, pineapples and stripes.
17. My love for shopping and getting dressed is not without consequence: I get extreme buyers remorse if I don’t pop those tags quick enough.
18. I can successfully play “Do Wah Diddy” on the viola. Bet you didn’t know I was a musician.
19. I eat Mexican food and go to Mexico entirely too much…sorry not sorry! Playa del Carmen next week!!!
20. I’m a ballet/tap dance dropout. Currently considering an adult class.
21. I hate wearing jeans!!! It takes a lot for me to wear them.
22. My dream travel destination is India. I want to see the Taj Mahal in person before I leave this earth.
23. My high school prom dress was repurposed into a top and a few throw pillows designed by yours truly 🙂
24. People often refer to my very first apartment as a bomb shelter. Can’t say that I disagree. There were no windows and the internet barely worked but it was mine so…
25. I have an aversion to creamy sauces. You can keep your mayo, your ranch and just about everything else in that family of foolishness…yuck!
26. Even though I’m a beach bum I don’t know how to swim. Something about having my head under water doesn’t allow my brain and my body to connect. Maybe something to work on in my 30s?
27. Starstruck moment: I met Ronnie Devoe a few months ago. He complimented my shoes and I almost passed out. He is too smooth! (Insert swoon bitmoji here)
28. Loyalty is extremely important to me. I’ll just leave that right there.
29. When it comes to giving gifts–around Christmas especially–I get carried away trying to find the perfect gift. I live for the moment when someone opens a gift and notices how much thought you put into it. Makes my heart smile.
30. My heart is pure, my intentions are usually good. I’m honest, sometimes more than I’m expected to be. I’m strong willed yet sensitive. I’m loyal. I care about people. When I love, I love hard. I’m flawed but my mistakes make me better. Most importantly, I’m unapologetically me.